Ruby Sunlight API Gem 0.9 Released
This release includes support for two new fields on Legislator, a refactoring of the base functionality so that the gem is more compatible within Rails and Merb apps, and support for Lobbyists, Filings, and Issues. There is a new way to set up your Sunlight API Key, so this release is not backwards-compatible with releases 0.1. and 0.2.
This gem is now considered a feature-complete wrapper around the Sunlight API, and will be bumped up to 1.0 after being used for a bit in the wild.
- Warning: This release is not backwards-compatible!
- Change loading behavior of base functionality, works better with Rails and Merb
- Sunlight::SunlightObject is now Sunlight::Base
- For set up, Sunlight.api_key= is now Sunlight::Base.api_key=
- For set up, using “include ‘Sunlight’” is no longer recommended
- Correct usage is Sunlight::Legislator.all_for(…) instead of just Legislator.all_for(…)
- Credit to Rue the Ghetto (rughetto on GitHub) and Eric Mill for inspiring the improvements above
- Add support for senate_class (“I”, “II”, or “III”) and in_office (0 or 1) on Legislator
- Add support for Lobbyists, Filings, and Issues
- Huge credit to mindleak on GitHub for Lobbyist-related functionality